VIRUSES in EUKARYOTES Questions and Answers pdf :-
1. Which of the following is the agent associated with the development of neurodegenerative disease in livestock and humans?
2. __________is probably the most important characteristic for classification of viruses in eukaryotes.
A. Host preference
C. Physical nature of virion constituents
D. Chemical nature of virion constituents
3. The __________ of the influenza-enveloped virus appear to be involved in attachment to the host cell receptor site.
4. Intracellular structures formed during many viral infections, called __________ , which can directly disrupt cell structure.
B. chromosomal disruptions
C. inclusion bodies
D. cytocidal bodies
5. Viral RNA is replicated in the host cell
A. cytoplasmic matrix
VIRUSES in EUKARYOTES Questions and Answers ::
6. Which family has received most interest in their development as a biological control agent against insects?
7. In cancer, the reversion of cells to a more primitive or less differentiated state is called
8. Which of the following has been linked to Kaposi’s sarcoma?
A. Epstein-Barr virus
B. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus
C. Human papilloma virus
D. Human herpes virus 8
9. Virulent and nonvirulent viruses may not
A. inhibit host cell DNA synthesis
B. inhibit host cell RNA synthesis
C. stimulate host cell macromolecule synthesis
D. degrade host cell DNA
10. The hepadnaviruses such as hepatitis B virus are quite different from other DNA viruses with respect to genome replication. These replicate their DNA using
A. DNA-dependent DNA polymerase
B. reverse transcriptase
C. Rnase H
D. DNA ligase
11. Which of the following virus is always detectable after infections?
A. Hepatitis B virus
B. Herpes simplex virus
C. Varicella-zoster virus
12. Viroids are composed of
A. single-stranded DNA
B. double-stranded DNA
C. single-stranded RNA
D. double-stranded RNA