IMMUNE SYSTEM Questions and Answers pdf :-
1. Lack of reaction to our own human leukocyte antigens (HLAs) is known as?
B. complement system
C. clonal selection
2. Which of the following components of the vertebrate immune response occurs first upon invasion by a virus or bacterium?
A. Activation of killer T lymphocytes
B. Activation of B lymphocytes
C. The inflammatory response
D. Mobilization of complement proteins
3. Which of the following white blood cells act as scavengers when they engulf and digest pathogens?
B. T cells
C. B cells
4. A cell which defends against body cells in which viruses are reproducing is
B. Cytotoxic T cell
D. Suppressor T cell
5. Which of the following is most likely to produce anaphylaxis in a susceptible individual?
D. Bee sting
6. What type of B cell remains dormant in the body, but can respond rapidly if the same antigen appears again?
A. T cells
B. Memory cells
C. Plasma cells
7. The maturation of T cells and the production of particular T cell receptors occurs in the
A. thyroid gland
B. thymus gland
D. all of these
8. Which of the following provide specific defense against viruses and bacteria?
A. T cells
B. B cells
9. Which of these is a type of specific defense against pathogens?
10. In animals, blood clots serve the function of
A. consuming invading organisms
B. helping them match the background coloration of the habitat
C. stimulating production of killer T lymphocytes
D. repairing damage to the body wall
IMMUNE SYSTEM Questions and Answers ::
11. What is the result of invasion of a body by pathogens?
12. What is the behavior in which T cells and B cells constantly travel throughout the body seeking out and destroying foreign substances?
A. Antibody-mediated immune response
B. Immune surveillance
C. Cell-mediated immune response
13. In a fetus, where are lymphocytes produced?
A. In the spleen
B. In the bone marrow
C. In the liver
D. In the heart
14. Which of the following produces the antibodies employed in the specific immune response of vertebrates?
A. B lymphocytes
B. T lymphocytes
15. Which of the following is not part of the vertebrate immune system?
C. Cardiac glycosides
D. Lymph nodes